Electrical assembly technician
Job title: Electrical assembly technician
Salary: £12.23 – 13.61 per hour + DOE + Benefits.
Type of employment: Full time, permanent. Working hours – Monday – Friday 39 hours per week.
We value every member of our team and believe in rewarding hard work with an excellent range of benefits to ensure an enjoyable and fulfilling career with us –
- 25 days of vacation plus public holidays.
- Company pension.
- Free electric car charging – many charging points.
- Sickness benefit (after 12 months of employment).
- Work clothes provided twice a year: Polo, Sweatshirt + 1 jacket.
- PPE provided.
- Paid breaks.
- Large free car park.
- Company social events.
- Corporate Values Reward Program – vouchers.
- Sausage rolls on Tuesday (meatless option available).
Offering a friendly work environment, an excellent benefits package and a varied role within a well-established company, we have an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Assembly Technician. Applicants must live in the UK.
The PCE group of companies provide industry-leading automated solutions to global markets, spanning a variety of industry sectors, including medical/ocular and pharmaceutical. With over 40 years of experience providing bespoke turnkey automation, ranging from standalone machines to fully integrated high throughput cells. We pride ourselves on being able to offer our customers a complete in-house solution – from design to delivery.
As an experienced Electrical Assembly Technician, you undertake a variety of tasks related to the installation, wiring and piping of electrical, electronic and pneumatic components. Form complex control systems for automation machines. Including verifying and testing completed systems, as well as performing fixes and repairs.
Due to the risks associated with this position, candidates must above all be responsible people who are attentive to security measures. The ideal person should also be experienced with different types of electrical equipment and systems.
The following list is an indication of the roles and responsibilities you will need to assume. (The list is not exhaustive and is given for information only)
- Installation of electrical components and wiring in accordance with the schematic diagrams.
- Installation of pneumatic components, piping and equipment according to pneumatic diagrams.
- Preparation and assembly of cable trays and ducts, fastening and support systems.
- Connection of electrical circuits and networks ensuring component compatibility.
- Carrying out checks and tests before commissioning.
- Preventive maintenance of systems by routine inspection.
- Perform effective diagnostics to identify hazards or malfunctions and repair or replace damaged components.
- Undertake installations at customers in the UK and overseas.
- Proven experience as an electrician.
- Experience in industrial and/or commercial electrical systems.
- Ability to use power and hand tools (eg wire strippers, voltmeter, etc.).
- Able to follow electrical and pneumatic diagrams and drawings.
- Thorough knowledge of safety procedures and applicable regulations and guidelines.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving ability.
- Healthy, physically mobile and happy and able to work in a variety of industrial environments.
- Relevant vocational training or completion of an electrician apprenticeship.
*Please note that international applicants do not need to apply.
Please click on the TO APPLY underneath, applicants must apply in writing, submitting a cover letter and full CV.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of: electrical component production, electronic process operator, electronic technician and electronic engineer, assembly operator, assembly line operator, process operator, manufacturing operator, production operator, process plant operator, process plant operator, production coordinator, can also be considered for this role.